Friday 4 May 2012

Amnesia

Oh my goodness. Evil hag lady came back in again the other day and I made the fateful mistake of not remembering her name, so I had called the pet's name before it was too late.
Once I saw who stood up I felt a wave of pure dread sweep over me.
So I converted that dread energy into "I can take this!" energy in my little power station.




Luckily it was a simple vaccination and on one of her other cats.
It just got weird after this. The woman started talking to me like she had met up with me for brunch. Confused I treated her nicely (as I always do). And she continued to babble on to me about how good her kitty was. (I didn't dare ask how the kitten I sent home was, just in case she suddenly remembered who I was and decided to kill me and feed me to her cat spawn).
So I just pretended that I had never met her before and we got on just fine. It was so strange. It's like the abuse had never happened at all.
Was there a glitch in the matrix? Well I wasn't seeing the same cat twice (ah ha ha, that was so good Tez, you know your movies! Get it? Cause in the matrix.... oh never mind, I'll laugh on my own).
Maybe there was some conspiracy theory? Whatever it was it meant this woman wasn't abusing me, so I was pretty darn happy!
Anyway, cat got vaccinated, woman left, and I was left standing in the consult room dumbfounded.

If there is one thing that I have learnt from this job, it's that people are weird and full of surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment